Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Years Resolution

2008 was a tumultuous year, but I can honestly say I do not regret anything for the year. Yes it was a troubling year in the market, myself as well as most other people watched our investments dwindle away, my employer crumbled, and the war in Iraq resulted in many more casualties. I learned more in 2008 than any other year I can remember, which I think is what life is all about; learning from mistakes and trying not to repeat them.

At the end of it all as we move into 2009 I am extremely thankful for my family and friends. We are all healthy for the most part, I did not lose my job like so many other people around the country have. We have a new leader in this country that I truly believe has what it takes to drive us out this hole we have dug ourselves. We still face challenges this year, but if we made it through last year, we will come out even stronger this year.

So my new years resolution for 2009 is to stay healthy, spend more time with my family, try to avoid emergency rooms as much as I can, and live every day like it may be my last because I am learning as I get older how fast life passes you by. I don't want to look back in 40 years and think all I did was watch the show, I want to be in the show. I want to be the star that everyone remembers.

So here is to a great 2009, CHEERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment